5.08.2012

When naps go bad

You know it's going to be a long week when you come home on Tuesday and need to take a nap--and wake up 2 1/2 hours later! Now I have to hope that I can fall asleep @ bedtime!  The horror!
I have been planning and coordinating a consultant visit to our school, and our visitor arrived today. Although my actual meeting time with the consultant was small, I was exhausted by the end of the day from all the running back and forth from my office to the meeting room hourly to introduce groups or to join in on classroom visits. And I get to do it again tomorrow. And teach. 

Fortunately, I planned to have my students 'power-read' through A Streetcar Named Desire so they could choose to use it for an IB (International Baccalaureate) written task if they wanted to. (We NEVER read things in their entirety in class together, so will be a treat for them; we'll go back in for a close read next week.)  The good news? They are hooked! I got us all started together by reading the first part of the first act aloud to them (voices and animation included); then they continued in mini-casts in which they all had assigned parts. At the end of the hour when I tried to call them all together to debrief, they actually shushed me! Didn't want to stop reading. (Insert Cheshire Cat grin here!) They left he room discussing the characters amongst themselves. What better gift can a teacher get than the seepage of learning and wondering out of the classroom into the hallways and beyond!? And of course, you'll soon hear my voice in the hall when I see one of them coming: "Stelllllaaaaaa!" :)   (It's the little things)  Happy, happy; joy, joy!

Here are my OOTDs from today...

...and Monday (a non-student staff development day).

Got my polka-dot messenger bag from Timbuk2 today; will take it to school on a trial run tomorrow. 

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment