8.03.2012

Patience pays off!





Hooray! I won the waiting game on the skirt I have been stalking all summer! The # 2 Pencil skirt in deck stripe in orange was marked down to $89.99 yesterday, and the 30% promo worked with it. My B&M honored the online discount, so with my teacher discount, I paid $53.54 for it. Not the steal of the century, but a heck of a lot better than the original $118! (I actually paid nothing, because I used my rewards card to buy it!)

I did cave in to the promo online yesterday and ordered the linen perfect shirt in festival green ($34) and the Lucille dress in scalloped eyelet in brilliant purple ($63) (along with a swimwear top to get free shipping--thank you JCA community for the tip to do this...). Both were items I'd been stalking as pop backs in my size. I ordered the dress in a size larger than what I usually take, but it wasn't a final sale item, so if it doesn't work, I can return it. Really, unless the armholes are gapingly large, it should be fine. I wish I'd been able to find them in a store when things were 40% off, and I'm sure the prices were lower in store, too, but I think I'll get my cost/wear out of the two items.

Fall is tough for outfitting at work; my school has no air conditioning, so September can be rough. Summer wear isn't appropriate, so linen & cotton dresses work well. I hate that the stores are sporting cashmere right now (drool!)...it will be a long while before it will be cool enough for that. Oppositional disorder: desperately not wanting summer to end while looking longingly at my boots, sweaters & blazers.

I know I already posted this picture, but now it's an official outfit in my wardrobe! Again, hooray!


Thanks for reading!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. love your outfit!
    is this the tippi in kelly green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Green is my favorite color, so it didn't take much to persuade me on that purchase. I kind of like the unexpected pairing of the green & orange. Plan to wear my mushroom Viv flats with the outfit! I also got the Tippi in shocking pink, although I don't know about pairing it with this skirt...

    ReplyDelete