7.16.2012

Last call 'till fall

Back from the Big Apple, napped up, and my feet have started to stop barking at me. Had a blast! I took very few pictures; no idea why (not)...but here is one I had my colleague snap on the Brooklyn Bridge.




I loved wearing this skirt, wind & all. Found the tee just before I left at The Gap--I think it could be shortened a bit, but for $6, it worked ok. That night I threw on the gray bubble necklace to jazz it up a bit.

Highlights from the trip: free NY Philharmonic concert in Central Park (Alec Baldwin was there--not that we could see him from where we were), hotel room w/fantastic view of the Chrysler Building, subway ride next to Queer Eye's Carson Kressley, witnessing a twilight zone-ish experience w/40+ strollers, nannies & mommies in Williamsburg and Junior's cheesecake. 6 J.Crew stores were visited in three days. Nicest, by far, was the Columbus Circle store; best deals/most merchandise was at Rockafeller Center. Only bought 3 things.

Did I nibble @ the 40% promo this morning? Why, yes I did. But I was good. I promised myself that this order will be my last purchase until fall/rewards card. For the promo discount, I ordered two things I really love & can't find/get in stores: the Viv flats in black & a Jackie Cardi in slate gray. I did order the straw Brompton Bag online while I was in NY; no % off, but it was a pop back & I got lucky. Sort of. I actually ordered two in my haste--the large one & the mini one. I am hoping to beg my PS to allow me to return one (I am a return-aholic, but have NEVER asked/tried to return a final sale item...). Otherwise, I'll list one on JCA.

Here are a few more pics from my trip.


Chrysler by day & night...





Hotel room w/90 degree view...


Central Park (you can just see the stage in the distance...)


Our Harlem jaunt included a meal @ Sylvia's.

*sigh*.

Thanks for reading!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment