4.17.2012

18? Bid adieu to the number broadcasting strategy!

Holy crap! I know stress is a catalyst for eating, and certainly I've been feeling more stress this year in general and over the past few weeks specifically. But I almost had a heart attack when I jumped on the scale this past weekend. Numbers were supposed to go down, not up. I haven't been counting calories, but I didn't think I was eating that poorly. I thought posting my weight loss target would motivate me; I think it's adding to my stress. Probably also the reason why I haven't posted since my close encounter with my bathroom scale. Bye-bye numbers. Hello, bicycle.

And those will be my last words ever about that.

Here's something I'd love some advice about: I am wondering what anyone thinks about the Sperry Top-Sider loafers. Proudly, I am a product of high school/college in the 80s, so I have a soft spot in my heart for these shoes, along with all other things 80s. I've been eyeballing them in Macy's and @ J.Crew for a while. The dilemma: what color? Top choices: bronze metallic, gold metallic, sahara brown or navy. I plan to wear them with bermuda shorts, chinos and jeans. I think the metallic ones could be worn with some of my patterned pants/capris. Man, are they comfy! Otherwise, my go-to comfy/casual shoes are Jack Purcell sneakers. (Who can resist that smile line on the toe?! Not me!) I {love} them, but they are super casual. I own three colors, but my black ones are the ones I reach for most. Any thoughts about the Sperry colors?

No OOTD from the past 3 work days, but here's my outfit from last Thursday. I'm not feeling any love for this sweater! (At least not in pictures.) I think I need to tuck it. Or not belt it. Or toss it.
I hate it when you love something more on the hanger than on your body. Of course the opposite is true, too. Two things I tried on this weekend that I was sure I'd hate I absolutely fell in love with. One is that silk Gondola stripe top that everyone is blogging about. The other are the Café capri in fresco floral sateen. I got a call from my PS mid week telling me that there would be 30% off sale items on Monday. So I stopped in on Sunday to see if there were any new items in the sale section worth putting on hold. I ended up purchasing some sale items: the Café capris in casablanca blue and jade ($41.64 each), the Waverly chinos in natural ($17.84) , the Scalloped lace shell in ivory ($29.74), the Olympia leather sandals in radio red and deep raisin ($41.64 each), and a blue/rhinestone stretch bracelet ($11.89). All these items were marked down with an additional 30% off + and additional 15% off teacher discount. I also bought the Gondola stripe top. My closet is still lacking spring work pants and short-sleeved tops, but at least I have a few more pair of pants to make it through spring.

Enough for now.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment