3.02.2012

Greetings from the Minneapple!

I'm not sure what I imagine this blog becoming, exactly. For the time being, I'm just looking for a place to chronicle my life, quests and musings.

My Quest for Vintage J. Crew
Two years ago I lost 75 pounds, and found myself actually able to--size and money-wise--buy off the rack retail clothes. I have kept the weight off, and what started two years ago as a need to re-build my wardrobe with a classic and timeless staple items quickly grew into an admitted obsession with J. Crew. I love the style of their clothing! As my love for and interest in the company grew, I began to note others' comments about the quality and prints of pieces from years past. Because I love being on a mission, I began to take note of vintage items found on blog posts, ebay, and polyvore that I wanted to get my hands on. I also love a great bargain (allows me to occaionally purchase full retail priced items and not feel too bad), so I spend a lot of time searching on foot at consignment and thrift stores, and online for items on my 'Quest' list.

What have I gotten my hands on recently?
Well, my #1 Fave Find to date is the J. Crew Oxford Jacket in orange.


{love!}

I've read posts on the jca blog about someone searching for this jacket in their size for YEARS! On ebay, this jacket is listed infrequently and sells at off-the-hook BIN prices. I won't say how much I paid for mine (less than ebay--way more than at a thrift/consignment store). I found someone who had it and initially was uninterested in selling it, but I made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

: )

Fave Find #2 is the wool Madeline dress from ?2007-08? in eggplant/purple. I just purchased it from a seller on the jca blog. It should arrive this week.


Fave Find #3 is this beautiful 'Collection Watercolor Floral Skirt'. I can't wait for the spring to wear this lovely print.


Other recent awesome finds include the silk 'impressionist floral' cami from a few seasons ago, the collection creme 'daisy/zoey' eyelet dress, and a pair of yellow patent leather 'Juliet' heels.


My Quest List

Well, for summer/spring, I am hoping to find the 'school of fish' skirt in my size. I missed a few opportunities to buy it on ebay last spring. Maybe someone will be selling theirs this year.


B&M Purchases:
I bit the bullet and purchased 5 full retail price items in the past few weeks. I bought the white boy shirt in Thomas Mason fabric (timeless, and I love the cuffs and lack of front pockets), the Martha crystal necklace, the Sovereign Paisley pencil skirt (love the length, pattern & colors of this) with the colorblock stripe boatneck tee in kiwi/navy, and the raindrop lace top in neon azalea. Might bring the lace top back, as pink is not really my color. Wish that it had come in black.

Enough ramblings for one day.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment